Saturday, June 9, 2012

Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce


Well, that's it. I've finished my third year of college! This has been one of the hardest years by far and I'm just glad that it's over. I have so much to look forward to this Summer. It will be filled with job hunting, barbecues, my 21st birthday, a trip to California and so much more!


This Summer will also be filled with more blogging! A lot of recipe testing, some croissant making, some cake making, cookies of course and whatever I feel like creating. First up, another savory post. I've noticed when I cook savory food for my family, I end up focusing on Italian food a lot. Well, we can always use another Italian recipe right?

 

This recipe I came up with uses a jarred Marinara sauce as it's base. These days, they have some great quality Marinara Sauces out there and sure you can make your own, but this makes things much simpler!

Spaghetti Sauce
Recipe by Me

Ingredients
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 lbs ground beef
1-32 ounce jar of Marinara Sauce (I used Clasico Tomato and Basil Sauce)
16 oz Tomato Sauce
1 ½ tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
3 tbsp Ketchup
2 tsp salt
2 teaspoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning (Optional)
Pepper to taste
2 cups water

Directions
In a pot, heat up the olive oil. Once hot, add sliced onions and cook until soft, about 4-5 min. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned and you hear the beef start to sizzle in it’s own fat. Discard any fat that renders from the ground beef, a little fat left in the pan is fine.

After removing some of the fat, add in 1 jar of Clasico Tomato and Basil Sauce, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, sugar, pepper and 2 cups of water. You may also add in the Italian seasoning if you have it on hand. I've made it without it, and it's still great because of the flavor from the Marinara sauce. Cook for 1 1/2 hrs, with a lid semi-on, stirring every 10 min to prevent burning on the bottom of the pan.

If the sauce it too acidic after the 1 ½ hrs, add a bit more sugar. Other than that, I made this recipe by taste so the measurements are rough estimates.

-Aaron John

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

-Aaron John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails