Friday, March 19, 2010

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies




After searching through various food blogs, I stumbled across a cookie that used Cranberries and White Chocolate. This got me very curious. I knew I had bought some cranberries previously because I wanted to try a biscotti recipe that used cranberries and pistachios but with just my luck, the store didn't have pistachios. So, hoping I would get pistachios soon, I bought the cranberries anyway. However, a few days went by and I still didn't get some pistachios. When I stumbled upon the recipe that used cranberries, I said to myself "Why not?". I saw that the recipe for the batter was very similar to a chocolate chip cookie batter. In doing so, to make things easier on myself, I decided to just use my chocolate chip cookie recipe and add the cranberries and white chocolate instead. Sounded like a good idea, right? Well it actually was! The combination of the tart but sweet cranberries with the vanilla flavored white chocolate was actually really good. The white chocolate made the cranberries less tart and more sweet which was a delight. So, for the third time, I'm going to post Tyler Florence's chocolate chip cookie batter recipe with the addition of cranberries and white chocolate. X)

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) block white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup of dried cranberries (cut into smaller pieces)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.

Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks using the spatula.

To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.

Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets.

Makes 1 dozen (5-inch) cookies

Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies on Foodista
-Aaron John
My Food Outings: AJ's Food Adventure
Facebook Fan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

-Aaron John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails