Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Birthday Cake" Cookie

Happy September guys!! :) So, way back in May I decided to do an "Ice Cream Into Cookies" Project but I never followed through with it. It actually started when I made my "Cookies N' Cream" Cookies and had a brilliant idea to turn our favorite Ice Cream flavors into cookies. The same great flavor of ice cream in a portable "vehicle" that doesn't melt. From there, the last "Ice Cream Into Cookies" baked creation I made was my "Jamocha Almond Fudge" Cookies. Well, 3 months later and my "Ice Cream Into Cookies" Project is back in action and it all starts with my "Birthday Cake" Cookie.

My "Birthday Cake" Cookie was inspired by Coldstone's Birthday Cake and Birthday Cake Remix ice creams. I decided to combine the two flavors of these two ice creams into one. If you don't know, their Birthday Cake Ice Cream is, if I can remember right, chocolate cake batter ice cream, vanilla cake, sprinkles and fudge. I think it was taken off the menu for Birthday Cake Remix though. Birthday Cake Remix is Cake Batter Ice Cream, sprinkles, brownies and fudge. So, I combined both flavors and ended up with this "Birthday Cake" Cookie. For the base of the cookie, I used Tyler Florence's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Coincidentally, his recipe was the first chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever used.

You're probably asking yourself what is this "Birthday Cake" Cookie. Well, it's a chocolate chip cookie dough mixed with rainbow sprinkles, pieces of pound cake and white chocolate to keep up with the "vanilla theme" I seemed to be having. I'm seriously in love with this cookie!! It tastes soooo good!! When it comes out of the oven, it smells like a combination of chocolate chip cookies and vanilla cupcakes! The dough had the right amount of sweetness, the sprinkles added a little crunch and color, the white chocolate enhanced the vanilla flavor and the pound cake kept the cookie soft and moist, not to mention that biting into a chunk of cake was the best part! I'm definitely keeping this recipe! I have a ton of ideas for my "Ice Cream Into Cookies" Project and I can't wait to try them! Here's my tip and the recipe!

**Tips
-When the cookie base is finished, it's best to mix in the sprinkles and chocolate chips completely before the pound cake. It allows the pound cake to stay in bigger chunks.

-The pound cake doesn't need to be completely mixed into the dough so don't feel frustrated when the cake is breaking apart. When you begin to scoop the cookies, it'll make it's way into the dough.

"Birthday Cake" Cookie (Makes 1 Dozen 5 inch Cookies or 4 Dozen Mini Cookies)
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup colored sprinkles
3/4 cup white chocolate
1 1/2 cups of pound cake, cut into cubes

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.

Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Turn off the mixer and fold in the sprinkles, chocolate chips, and pound cake pieces using the spatula.

To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.

Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets.

5 comments:

  1. I see !!, Your writting could change the world that you want. Express your thoughts!!. Politics , Business , Entertainment , Sports & Games , Life & Events ,and Health what else?. Meet your like minded here. The top social gathering in one place all the top notches meet here. It is not about win the race, participation is all matters. We proud inviting you to the the internet's best Social community. www.jeejix.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AJ thanks for dropping by my blog.
    These cookies sure looks festive! :P
    I a big cookie fiend and this definitely hits the right spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet_tooth: I know right? So festive!! Love sprinkles! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday cake cookies - I love it! Very fun - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

-Aaron John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails