Friday, March 23, 2012

Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes


Well, two years have really gone by and it's another Blog-iversary!! My blog has been up and running for two whole years and I can't believe it. Never would I have imagined that I would still be Food Blogging up to this day. 


To be honest, there have been some days/weeks where I ran out of inspiration. This year, I came to a point where I felt as if I had done everything and my time in blogging was up and boy was I wrong. There is so much more food out there for me to make that I have no reason to stop. This became a major reason in trying to include more savory food posts and blogging about different food joints I come across.



My goal for the next year? Continue adding on more savory posts to this blog. I feel for this blog to be complete, it needs more savory posts because let's face it, we can't live off sweets even as hard as we try. But, wouldn't it be great to just live off ice cream and cake? That would be such a great life. But until then, we can settle on portion control with cupcakes.

For this Blog-iversary, I made Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. A celebration is not complete unless you have some sort of cake. A celebration is the one day where we can all toss aside your Jenny Craig diet and indulge so why not chocolate upon chocolate? 

When all is said and done, I have to thank all my readers/likers/followers. Without all of you, this blog would probably be done a long time ago. But it's people who share in the same passion for food that I find the reason to blog. So, thank you!! :) I look forward to the new food adventures I will have this year! 

Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
Recipe for Chocolate Ganache from Projectmcb

Ingredients
Cake
Hershey's Chocolate Cake (I blogged about it here)

Ganache
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream

Directions
Make the chocolate ganache by putting the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour the cream over chocolate and shake the bowl gently so cream settles around the chocolate. Set mixture aside until chocolate is soft, about 5 minutes. Whisk gently until smooth, taking care not to incorporate too many air bubbles. Stir in one of the flavorings, if desired.

Dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes into the frosting. Let cakes stand on rack until frosting is completely set.

-Aaron John

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

-Aaron John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails