Happy Valentine's Day! Valentine's Day sure came fast this year. Today is the day where we see heart shaped everything, people carrying flowers, some with candy, others with stuffed animals and people simply being all lovey-dovey.
When I was in elementary school, I remember the only thing I looked forward to on Valentine's day was the candy and sweets everyone passed out. ha. Didn't you? Now, everything is different, more serious is how I'd like to put it. In fact, Valentines Day can either be this lovey-dovey holiday or Single Awareness Day! The pressure is on today! So go out there and do a little somethin' somethin'.
Decorated Sugar Cookies
What you'll need:
Baked, "Cut-Out" Sugar cookies
1. Make your Royal Icing and tint it in the color you want to use. In my case, a plain white and a reddish/pink
2. Start by outlining your Sugar Cookie with the Royal Icing. I used a squeeze bottle for this.
3. Once outlined, take more Royal Icing (that is slightly thinner than what you used to outline) and begin to flood the whole cookie.
4. Once flooded, the fun can begin.
-For a design like the very first picture, put dots of a different colored Royal Icing along the edges of the flooded cookie. Then take a toothpick and drag it through the center of each dot which creates the heart shape
-For a design like the second picture, make lines of different colored Royal Icing that runs from edge to edge of the cookie. Then simply take your toothpick and run it through the icing, up and down.
5. Let the cookies dry for about 24 hrs.